Health & Safety Policy
Apollo Janitorial Supplies Ltd Health & Safety Policy & Procedures are subject to external verification annually in accordance with the National Britannia SAFEcontractor scheme
Apollo, as the employer, recognises and actively seeks to ensure the health, safety and welfare at work of its employees so far as is reasonably practicable. In conjunction with the Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992 this includes:-
Apollo is mindful of its health and safety responsibilities to those who receive its services, the public and anyone affected by its work, so far as is reasonably practicable.
- Providing and maintaining equipment and systems of work that are safe to use and do not risk employees health
- Making sure there are no risks from using, handling, storing and transporting articles and substances
- Providing information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure the health and safety at work of employees. All employees who authorise work or any function to be carried out at any time must conform to the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
- Keeping places of work under the company’s control in a healthy and safe condition, as well as providing and maintaining safe means of access for all
- Providing and maintaining safe work environments for employees that are without risks to health and making it a requirement of all employees to conform to Company Policy and to accept and carry out their responsibilities. All employees with specific responsibilities must ensure that they are adequately delegated in their absence.
- Providing adequate facilities and arrangements for employee welfare at work
- The Company Director and specifically Mr S.C. Lundy has responsibility for Health and Safety and will give complete backing to this policy and will support all those employees who endeavour to carry it out. Mr S.C. Lundy is also Health and Safety Officer.
- Our statement complies with the main regulations i.e., Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) and the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2006.
The company meets its responsibilities through its Chairman, Directors, Regional Managers and Area Managers. They are aware of all health, safety and welfare legal requirements, supporting information and professional advice that is available. This is shown through the practice of risk assessment and risk management.
All of us, as Apollo employees, are encouraged to cooperate with the arrangements that support this policy to achieve a healthy and safe working environment for ourselves and others. This includes customers, clients, contractors and the public who may be affected by our work activities.
The company encourages all of us to be aware of individual responsibilities to take care of ourselves, colleagues and anyone who may be affected by our work. Disciplinary procedures may be initiated where company health and safety rules are broken.
Copyright 2009 - 2013 by Apollo Janitorial Supplies Ltd.